Namco’s plate mill is equipped with a pusher type re-heating furnace. Slabs are reheated to a temperature of 1400 degrees Celsius in this furnace and rolled in a 4-hi reversing type mill. High pressure descalers are provided at the entry and exit side of both strands to ensure excellent surface quality. The mill is equipped with an auto level 2 width and thickness controlling system. Fully equipped inspection facilities are available from slab charging slate charging slate to plate production and finishing stage.
- Fully automatic top & Bottom fired pusher re-heating surface with Level 2 automation. Re-heating Furnace is dual-fired (Gas & Oil) with close control on atmosphere and temperature.
- High pressure (200 bar) primary & secondary de-scalers with hydraulically operated header height control facility for different slab thickness.
- Slab turning device before and after mill (CROSS ROLLING)
- Vertical edger at entry side of the roughing mill, with hydraulically operated automatic width control system.
- Automatic slab squaring before mill.
- 4-hi reversing type roughing mill with hydraulic auto gauge control system
- Accelerated Water-Cooling System (ACC) after finish rolling to control metallurgical parameters, achieving Good surface quality and adequate finishing & coiling temperature.
- On-line dividing shear to cut rolled metal into plate of required lengths. Plates upto 40 mm thickness can be cut in the dividing shear.
- Final end shearing of the plates to achieve ordered length and cut edges.
Quenching and Tempering Facility:
- Plates are quenched in a bogey hearth furnace for a period of minimum 4 hours at temperature’s between 700-900 degrees.
- Post this plates are water quenched in room temperature water.
- Post cooling of plates, the plates are re-heated in the tempering furnace to achieve desired hardness qualities and then levelled in a Cold Levelling facility achieving absolute flatness as per Namco Standards.
- Impact Testing including -20 and -40 degrees
- Spectrometer’s for chemical analysis plus chemical testing labs
- UT Testing facilities